It has been nearly a year since THE Heisman Speech that was heard around the world as well as the fundraiser that changed OUR world!
- Moved to our new facility; a move that has permitted us to increase our capacity for both service and storage. We have added refrigerator and shelving space, both of which the funds helped to purchase.
- Increased our volunteer presence to cover all five days of distribution, continuing to serve despite ever-changing pandemic restrictions.
- Increased our food purchases by 50% to better serve our clients.
- Moved to a “never out” model which means we pack additional food to match demand each week instead of the first come, first serve model of the past.
- Supported three local school pantries and two community food pantries to help feed kids in need when schools closed in March.
- Sponsored a week of the Athens County Children’s Services Peanut Butter and Jelly Project.
- Donated funds to the Ohio University Cat’s Cupboard to help serve international students struggling with food insecurity due to the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Began the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund with the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, which will serve as a lasting legacy to Joe and his incredibly moving speech.