Read our winter newsletter to hear about how Ohio University College students have consistently over-performed for us! And a plea for volunteers.
We delighted to announce we are starting a new program to deliver food to struggling families by going into communities with scheduled mobile van deliveries. This new service is in addition to serving clients five days a week from 10 AM to 3 PM at its SR 13, Athens Job and Family Services location.
Working in partnership with local communities, the locations are: Alexander Local Schools in Albany, Trimble Elementary in Jacksonville, Shade Community Center in Shade, Federal Valley Resource Center in Stewart, Amesville Elementary in Amesville, and the Waterloo Community Senior Center in New Marshfield.
The Pantry will do two Saturday deliveries each month, visiting each community several times throughout 2021. A schedule for the first three months is posted under “EVENTS”.
You can also see and download our flyer.
Our press release.
It has been nearly a year since THE Heisman Speech that was heard around the world as well as the fundraiser that changed OUR world!
- Moved to our new facility; a move that has permitted us to increase our capacity for both service and storage. We have added refrigerator and shelving space, both of which the funds helped to purchase.
- Increased our volunteer presence to cover all five days of distribution, continuing to serve despite ever-changing pandemic restrictions.
- Increased our food purchases by 50% to better serve our clients.
- Moved to a “never out” model which means we pack additional food to match demand each week instead of the first come, first serve model of the past.
- Supported three local school pantries and two community food pantries to help feed kids in need when schools closed in March.
- Sponsored a week of the Athens County Children’s Services Peanut Butter and Jelly Project.
- Donated funds to the Ohio University Cat’s Cupboard to help serve international students struggling with food insecurity due to the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Began the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund with the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, which will serve as a lasting legacy to Joe and his incredibly moving speech.
Karin Bright, ACFP President
Read our fall newsgram about how we do what we do. Also, read about how you can help with Amazon Smile!
Thanks to all the patrons, Athens-area restaurants, and Gordon foods for their Athens Restaurant Week awesome donation! Another success for the Athens County Visitor’s Bureau (@VisitAthensOhio), efforts to enrich our community!